Saturday, September 19, 2009

Dress for Less: The Boyfriend Jean

Katie Holmes made them famous, and now they're on everybody who's somebody's behind!  Over-size men's clothing is making a huge wave in women's fashion right now.  If you're not into plaid, or oversize tees, then the boyfriend jean definitely the way to go.

Seen left are "Ex Boyfriend Crop Jeans" which are going for $225.00 on Shopbop.com... I don't know about you, but I find that pretty steep for a pair of jeans already loaded with holes... A more budget-friendly version (below) is American Eagle's Boy Fit Jean in a Vintage Blue Destroyed Wash for $40.50. I love the way they've been paired with gold flats.  It's a really cute, effortless look, which of course, is what boyfriend jeans are all about!
















Even better still, is Victoria's Secret: Relaxed Boyfriend Crop Jean (below) at $59.50 (currently on sale for $39.50!!).

 

What do you think of Boyfriend Jeans?
Do you have any other trends you'd like me to cover?  Let me know in the comments!

xox

2 comments:

  1. I have a pair! :) They are made by Little Big Jeans, and I am still working out how to wear them! Boyfriend jeans have such a style, ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean! They're great with form-fitting stops. And heels. That keeps the look balanced and feminine.

    Thanks for reading! :)

    ReplyDelete