Thursday, September 24, 2009

Style Idol



It is my hope that this blog and its advice will serve as a guide to you as you develop your personal style. In our 20s, we start becoming our real-selves. We're past the confines of high school's peer-pressure and out in the real world, where we have complete freedom to discover who we are.



We all have someone whose style speaks to us. This person can be a celebrity, a model, a friend or a family member. It's good to look to others for inspiration, but keep in mind that style comes from within. Style is more about the confidence you radiate, than what you put on your body. If you feel good in your clothes, you will look good in your clothes, simple as that. This is why it is important to remember that copying someone else's style entirely will not do you any favours. Think of style idols as living brainstorms.  

My style is pretty eclectic and laid back, with a touch of simplicity and class. I love black & white outfits, floral and leather mixed together, flowy tops, wavy hair, fun patterns and floaty cloud-like silhouettes.

My style idols are Natalie Portman, Isla Fisher and Brittany Flickinger. I like something different about each of these women and their personal styles. I extract the pieces that I like, and add my own twist to them to create my style.  

I like Natalie for her classy elegance, simplicity, and structure. For this, I incorporate solid colors, sleek lines and soft waves (in my hair) to my style. Isla on the other hand is very eclectic. She's often seen in flowy tops with form-fitting jeans and structured jackets. She can almost always be seen with a statement necklace or a scarf billowing from her neck. For this: Add in bold earrings or necklaces as standalone jewellery and trench coats or knee-high boots. Brittany has the eclectic vibe going on, with a touch of hippie-rocker. I love her teased hair, fun patterns, leather and smokey-soft makeup.

Who are your style idols? 
Tell me about your personal style in the comments! I'd love to hear who you look to for inspiration. 

xox


3 comments:

  1. Yes this is true about the 20 somethings lol I am loving your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I'm glad you like it. Let me know if you have any suggestions on what you'd like to see her at Lipgloss & Lingerie.

    Keep the comments coming! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree with your statement at the beginning, the 20's are definitely a decade for discovery.

    ReplyDelete